Here at the Lesner Inn, we see centerpieces made at home that can bring the whole look of a wedding together. Things that you would never have expected to work well together can make your tables look welcoming, and create the flow of your reception hall. If you’re making your own centerpieces for your wedding day, then you’re probably wondering where to start. Here are some of our best tips while creating the perfect look for your guest tables:
Make your colors flow together.
- If you’re using a bright table linen, go with a subtle centerpiece that incorporates different tints and colors that work well with your linens. If you’re using more neutral linens then you have more room to incorporate whatever colors you want with your centerpieces. The main goal is to make sure you aren’t using colors that clash.
Keep your guests in mind.
- Even if your centerpieces look great, it is important to think about how it will affect your guests throughout the reception. You wouldn’t want your guests yelling through a forest of hydrangeas or sifting through a pile of glitter.
Simplicity is beautiful.
- Doing the minimum can still wow your guests. Flowers never go out of style, and who doesn’t love sand and seashells? Put these in a nice vase or mason jar, and your centerpieces are ready to go.
Candles make everything better.
- The natural lighting of a simple tea light candle can make your centerpieces stand out and set a romantic tone for your reception.
Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- We all know Pinterest to be the home of crafty ideas. Try breaking apart the ideas you find on Pinterest and mixing them together. You never know what you could come up with.
The main goal to making your centerpieces is to have fun while doing it. Invite your friends over and see what you can come up with together over some wine and cheese.